1. In first year will always be that one housemate that by the end of the year you cannot wait to be rid of!
2. Little elves steal food from the fridge/cupboard - common items include; milk, biscuits, fruit juice/squash and butter
3. There will come a time that you want to/or in fact do eat your food out of the saucepan because you can't be bothered to wash up a plate
4. Even if you've always been the person who does their work way before the deadline, you will become a leave-it-to-the-last-minute/shit-I-forgot-about-that deadline person.
5. You keep drinking alcohol the next morning because you can't face the hangover.
6. 1st year - go out every night, make all your 9ams, do all your work.
2nd year - once/twice a week is more than enough, miss at least 1 lecture a week, all assignments are started at 10pm the day before hand-in and you take regular study breaks of approximately 10 weeks (~1 term)
7. Nutella and spoon is a great combination.
8. Regular breakdowns and doubts on your life purpose are standard.
9. Irregular sleep schedules.
10. Needing a nap at least once a day, while doing nothing productive/strenuous to cause it.
11. Wondering how on Earth you ever got up at 6.30 to go to school everyday.
12. Realising you have to do the entire group project yourself.
13. Most lecturers can't teach for shit!
14. YikYak, YouTube and Instagram are the biggest time-wasters I've ever come across in my life.
15. The bean bag - nap area in the library was created by a genius who clearly has their life together.
16. Discussing how much work you have to do/money you don't have with your friends, then continuing to plan events and Brew and Brownie (amazing cafe in York that does the best pancakes ever) dates to waste more money and time you don't have.
17. If it smells ok and doesn't have mould on it, it's edible!
18. Everything can be cooked in the microwave
19. It becomes possible to grow down!
20. You'll meet some right weirdos... but some might actually be great friends!
(Gifs from Google and giphy.com)